Friday 22 April 2016

Allergies and life

Ever since my son was born he has had a whole host of different allergies ranging from milk to egg, these have obviously impacted his day to day life. We have had to be very careful in what we eat and have in the house although it has made me a dab hand at making a good egg free cake ;) When he was younger he had to have prescription milk as the normal milk just wasn't good for him.

Today I was called by his nursery who are very aware of his allergies to tell me that they had given him egg noodles, you can imagine how angry this has made me. I just can't believe that they could do this.

Sometimes I just think it's so hard to deal with these things but a place like a nursery should be so well equipped to deal with this especially as they have it all laid out plus it took them over an hour to call me which makes me even more angry.... Ah, life!

Have you ever been in a similar situation? Do you have a child with allergies? Have any coping mechanisms that you can share with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment